So I'm raising money for the Challenged Athlete's Foundation this year. I have pledged to raise $5,000 before the Leadville 100 MTB race this August (where I am going for the big buckle!).
In case you are wondering how far $5,000 goes, here are some details taken right from then CAF website....
We often get asked by supporters, “What does adaptive equipment cost? How much are travel and competition grants?” Below are just examples of some of the costs our athletes face to get access to sports and an active lifestyle.
- $50 Grants a WCMX athlete a 1-month kids skate park membership
- $100 Covers the entry fee for a wheelchair racer’s first marathon of the season\
- $250 Provides 2 months of specialized adaptive Crossfit coaching
- $1,000 Sends wounded veteran to Warrior Games
- $2,500 Travel grant for child + parent to come to CAF 3-day Adaptive Kids Surf Camp
- $10,000 Equipment and travel expenses for a Winter Paralympian to compete in PyeongChang, South Korea at the 2018 Paralympics.
- $15,000 Running foot for an amputee child
If you're up supporting an incredible cause, one that supports and encourages people with a wide range of challenges to compete and explore, here's a link to my donation page.
Thanks. I'll be thinking of you on race day in Leadville and I'll pass on your support to the CAF athletes.